Who doesn’t love scones!
Boars ‘N Berries Saskatoon Berry Scones
- 3 cups Flour (750 ml)
- 1/2 cup Sugar (125 ml)
- 1 1/2 tbsp baking powder (20 ml)
- 1 pinch Salt
- 2 Eggs (plus 1 yolk , lightly beaten 2)
- 1/3 cup Canola oil (85 ml)
- 1 1/2 cup Buttermilk (375 ml)
- 2 cups Fresh or frozen Saskatoons (500 ml)
- 1/4 cup Sugar for topping (60 ml)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F, grease or parchment line 2 baking sheets.2. In a large bowl, stir together the flour, 1/2 c sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs (saving one white), oil and buttermilk.
- Add the wet to the dry all at once and stir in just until blended. Fold in berries and add a little more buttermilk if the batter is dry or very stiff.
- Spoon batter into prepared pans making 8 to 10 servings. Brush each scone with a little of the reserved egg white and sprinkle with sugar
- Bake 15-20 minutes until nice and golden and fairly firm to the touch. Cool 5 minutes on pan before serving.
This recipe was created by Chef Shona Pearson