BOARS ‘N BERRIES SASKATOON BERRY SCONES
Who doesn’t love scones!
BOARS 'N BERRIES SASKATOON BERRY SCONES
- 3 cups Flour (750 ml)
- 1/2 cup Sugar (125 ml)
- 1 1/2 tbsp baking powder (20 ml)
- 1 pinch Salt
- 2 Eggs (plus 1 yolk , lightly beaten 2)
- 1/3 cup Canola oil (85 ml)
- 1 1/2 cup Buttermilk (375 ml)
- 2 cups Fresh or frozen Saskatoons (500 ml)
- 1/4 cup Sugar for topping (60 ml)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F, grease or parchment line 2 baking sheets.
2. In a large bowl, stir together the flour, 1/2 c sugar, baking powder and salt.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs (saving one white), oil and buttermilk.
4. Add the wet to the dry all at once and stir in just until blended. Fold in berries and add a little more buttermilk if the batter is dry or very stiff.
5. Spoon batter into prepared pans making 8 to 10 servings. Brush each scone with a little of the reserved egg white and sprinkle with sugar
6. Bake 15-20 minutes until nice and golden and fairly firm to the touch. Cool 5 minutes on pan before serving.
This recipe was created by Chef Shona Pearson